Giving to Help Campaign donors will learn about United Way agencies on Dec. 7 at annual Pizza Party
The Giving to Help Campaign, the Universitys campaign for the United Way and other charities, will sponsor a Lunch & Learn Pizza Party on Tuesday, Dec. 7.
The event, which will take place in the Commons Room of Swift Hall, is open to all University employees. Featured speakers Diane Yost of the Chicago Child Care Society and Joyce Cowan of Family Rescue represent two of the social-service agencies that benefit from United Way funding.
Reservations are required and may be made with Karen Rosselli, Campaign Coordinator, at (708) 877-1726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thus far, the campaign has raised $85,000 toward its goal of $275,000 in contributions.
Each year, the campaign includes a raffle of prizes, for which every contributor is automatically eligible. This years prizes include:
- Grand prize: A pair of coach-class airline tickets valid on United Airlines for travel; not to exceed $500 (donated by Arrington Travel/Navigant)
- A paid day off (subject to departmental approval)
- A free, one-year parking pass (donated by Facilities Services)
- Two three-month health club memberships to The Regents Club (donated by Regents Park at Hyde Park)
- Two one-month health club memberships to The Regents Club (donated by Regents Park at Hyde Park)
- A weekend stay in the V.I.P. Suite at Regents Park (donated by Regents Park at Hyde Park)
- Two deli trays worth up to $25 each from Market in the Park (donated by Regents Park at Hyde Park)
- Three $100 gift certificates for any purchase at the Campus Computer Stores (donated by the University Computing Organizations)
- Two athletic passes for the 2000 academic year (donated by Physical Education & Athletics)
- Dinner for two at Dixie Kitchen & Bait Shop (donated by Dixie Kitchen & Bait Shop)
- A $30 gift certificate to Cornell Florist
- An autographed Chicago Bears Media Guide (donated by Chicago Bears)
- Four $25 gift certificates to Mark Bires Catering
- Four pairs of tickets to musical performances (donated by the Department of Music)