President Sonnenschein greets University faculty and staff who attended the annual United Way Giving to Help Campaign Kickoff Party. The campaign is currently underway, and activities surrounding the charitable event continue through January 1999.
Giving to Help kicks off, continues into new year
Donations made to the Universitys Giving to Help Campaign for the United Way and Other Charities provide financial and human resources to those who are in need of them. And while those who participate gain much from knowing their contributions assist people in need, contributors also receive an extra perk. According to Karen Rosselli, University Campaign Coordinator, each person who donates to the Giving to Help Campaign is automatically entered in a raffle drawing.
This year, the raffle prizes include:
- Grand prize: $500 gift certificate toward travel on United Airlines
- Two three-month memberships and two one-month memberships to The Regents Club, a health club with an indoor-outdoor swimming pool, Cybex equipment, aerobics and more
- A weekend in the VIP Suite at Regents Park (based upon availability)
- Two deli trays from Market in the Park (up to $25 value)
- A paid day off (subject to departmental approval)
- A one-year parking pass
- Three $100 gift certificates for any purchase at Campus Computer Stores
- Two athletic passes for the 1999 academic year
- Decorative stationery, notecards, mugs and more from Smart Museum of Art
- Four $25 gift certificates for groceries at Hyde Park Co-op
- Two compact discs from Coconut Records
- Two tickets for the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio, Feb. 12 concert
- Two tickets for the Philharmonic Quartett Berlin, Feb. 26 concert
- Two tickets for the Peabody Trio, April 9 concert
- Two tickets for the Guarneri String Quartet, April 30 concert
- Two $50 gift certificates for purchases at Spoonful, Inc.
- Two tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks home game
- An autographed Chicago Bears Media Guide
- Two gift certificates for dinner at Dixie Kitchen and Bait Shop
Raffle contributors are: Arrington Travel, Regents Park by The Clinton Company, University Facilities Services, Campus Computer Stores, University Physical Education & Athletics, The David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art, Hyde Park Co-op, Coconut Records, the Universitys Department of Music, Spoonful, Inc., Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bears and Dixie Kitchen and Bait Shop.
Winners will be chosen at random in a drawing by the Campaign Steering Committee & Volunteers in January 1999. Completed contribution cards will serve as entry forms to the raffle. Additional contribution cards may be obtained by telephoning Rosselli at (708) 877-1726.
Design of the raffle and Giving to Help Campaign brochures was donated by Colleen Newquist, Associate Director of Publications, Graduate School of Business.
A Lunch & Learn Pizza Party, at which University employees can learn more about the needs of others from charitable agencies, is scheduled for noon on Friday, Nov. 20.
As seating is limited, reservations must be made with Rosselli by phone or at email@example.com.