The renovation of Bartlett Gymnasium continues as construction crews transform it into a dining hall while also preserving the buildings original glory. Bartlett Dining Hall will open to students in Winter Quarter 2002 to coincide with the completion of the new Palevsky residence halls at Bartletts north end. Bartlett Gymnasium is an historic structure, which includes a Tiffany style stained-glass window. The building was constructed in 1904 as a memorial to the son of Adolphus C. Bartlett, a University trustee and hardware merchant, who funded the construction. The University hired Bruner/Cott Associates Inc. for the project, and noted Boston architect and preservationist Henry Moss worked on the design to maintain the buildings original character, including its enormous skylights and large leaded-glass windows that provide the interior with natural light. The polished wood floors of the basketball court eventually will hold the tables of a dining area that will seat 550 students, and the running track suspended above the main floor will become a student lounge area.